Attack Of The Vintage BLOG
Art Journal

Attack's art journal

Sunday, September 2, 2007
Working on Bigger items
I haven't been slacking too much. I have been working on a couple of bigger art quilts. Sorry, no photos just yet. I have one that I have had in the hoop for too long, that I am trying to get completed before too long. I am just about done with a quilt top that is a commission, still have to quilt it though. Also working on another commission and have to start one. I think after this I won't do any more commissions. I don't have time to create anything new if I keep trying to reproduce a quilt because someone wants one that has already been given as a gift to a family member. I have the 2 quilts I had machine quilted for me to do the bindings and hanging sleeves for. One is supposedly spoken for, the other will be added to the ones completed and for sale.

Plus I had to qwork on the bra project. Today I go in and help put them all together for the show. I will take photos of them after I have them on a form, they are not shaped just yet. Kind of like free form, the body forms the shape. Both new ones are from recycled fabrics that I used to create one cup of a bra. Since our show is titled NO TWO ARE ALIKE. I promise I will write more about them when I get the photos together.
I am glad September is upon us, hopefully it won't be so hot.
Enjoy the cooler weather!
posted by Attack of the Vintage @ 8:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Attack's art journal
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Attack of the Vintage
Home:
About Me: Hi! I am a fiber artist tryig to work on my art everyday of 2007. With doing this I hope my art will evolve and I will learn many new techniques this coming year. My goal is to be able to make my living doing my fiber arts. I also make my own earrings when I have a need of a new pair. I am an avid brick collector and belong to International Brick Collectors Association. I try to attend at least one brick swap a year to share my bricks and to collect new ones from all over the country. I am currently working on a hugh brick walk and patio. Gardening is another love of mine, my yard is getting rather funky in my yard decorating. I go for the unusaul and people come out my way to see what I have added each year. Last summer was green beer bottles for the flower bed edging and bowling ball towers. I have no idea what I will be adding this coming summer.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates


make money online blogger templates

ETSYBOOMERS
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next