Attack Of The Vintage BLOG
Art Journal

Attack's art journal

Tuesday, January 29, 2008
COOKBOOK BOOK JACKET





A few months ago I saw an article in Quilting Arts magazine about book wraps amd it intriqued me enough to mark the page and hopefully try my hand at it soon. Finally got the article out the other day and started looking through my fabrics. I thought since I have so much fabric that is food related I thought making cookbook jackets, wraps, ets would be a good way to use it. Because I am temporarily at my son's I don't have any of my cookbooks, but my other son who lives nearby does. So I got one from him, of course he had to bring me the fattest one he had!! So here is my first attempt at a book jacket, I see I will have to add another kind of fastener, so will have to remember to grap more embellishments, and misc. items from my house tomorrow. I will leave it on the book when I return it to him:)
posted by Attack of the Vintage @ 9:10 AM  
9 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Attack's art journal
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Attack of the Vintage
Home:
About Me: Hi! I am a fiber artist tryig to work on my art everyday of 2007. With doing this I hope my art will evolve and I will learn many new techniques this coming year. My goal is to be able to make my living doing my fiber arts. I also make my own earrings when I have a need of a new pair. I am an avid brick collector and belong to International Brick Collectors Association. I try to attend at least one brick swap a year to share my bricks and to collect new ones from all over the country. I am currently working on a hugh brick walk and patio. Gardening is another love of mine, my yard is getting rather funky in my yard decorating. I go for the unusaul and people come out my way to see what I have added each year. Last summer was green beer bottles for the flower bed edging and bowling ball towers. I have no idea what I will be adding this coming summer.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates


make money online blogger templates

ETSYBOOMERS
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next