Attack Of The Vintage BLOG
Art Journal

Attack's art journal

Sunday, January 21, 2007
Jan.21,2007
Yesterday morning I decided on which fabric to use as a border for my Barbie quilt. I changed my mind after going through more possibilities. Haven't cut it or sewn it onto the top yet but I am pretty confident of the fabric I have chosen. Then I met Chris, the owner of Donkey Coffee where I will be hanging my quilts this coming Sat. It seems like it will be pretty simple to hang them with clips hanging from the picture rail. I think I will use either foamboard or peltex to stablize some of the quilt tops. I will be working that out this week.
Of course my truck started acting up on the way into town, so that has me stressed out more than the show at the moment. I take it to the shop tomorrow, hopefully it won't break the bank!!

This morning I am playing with some circles I have had cut out for awhile. They are from some really cool fabrics I got from various men's silk shirts. This is the second time I have had these circles out and tried to figure out something with them. It is just not coming together. My latest thought is to have a series of full moons or maybe all of the individual ones sashed together for one quilt top. I have some great night sky fabrics to use for different backgrounds. The circles all together in one quilt aren't working for me, which was my original thought when I cut them out. I have alittle more time to play this morning before work, then this evening I can come back and play. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
posted by Attack of the Vintage @ 3:47 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Attack's art journal
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Attack of the Vintage
Home:
About Me: Hi! I am a fiber artist tryig to work on my art everyday of 2007. With doing this I hope my art will evolve and I will learn many new techniques this coming year. My goal is to be able to make my living doing my fiber arts. I also make my own earrings when I have a need of a new pair. I am an avid brick collector and belong to International Brick Collectors Association. I try to attend at least one brick swap a year to share my bricks and to collect new ones from all over the country. I am currently working on a hugh brick walk and patio. Gardening is another love of mine, my yard is getting rather funky in my yard decorating. I go for the unusaul and people come out my way to see what I have added each year. Last summer was green beer bottles for the flower bed edging and bowling ball towers. I have no idea what I will be adding this coming summer.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates


make money online blogger templates

ETSYBOOMERS
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next