Attack Of The Vintage BLOG
Art Journal

Attack's art journal

Sunday, October 7, 2007
OCTOBER Challenge #70

This weeks' challenge was the word OCTOBER. Wow! that one word has some powerful energy. It is my favorite month even though it is not my birth month. I didn't have the time to create more than one item, and wasn't sure if I had enough time for even that. I went out of town to my niece's wedding yesterday. Oh, what fun I had with my family!! Anyway, I even took this piece with me to finish the binding!

I love October because of autumm weather, the colors, celebrating the harvest, Halloween of course, preparing for winter, and the overall feeling of a higher energy field. One thing I love to do in October is to take walks through the woods and listen to the sound of leaves crunching under my feet. I love raking up the leaves to make piles so I can jump in them. Trouble is trying to find a man to jump in them with me:) They all say they will, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Oh well, I will jump in them myself, I know the dog will join me! What joy one can have while working in the yard cleaning and preparing for the long winter months.

So this week I made a small art quilt 11.5x15.5", with actual batting, no timtex. I machine quilted it too. So, this is my first totaly machine quilted piece( that I quilted). I kept it small to see if I could do it, I am very pleased with the results. There are a couple of things I need to do with it before listing it on etsy, but hopefully will have those done in the next day or two. Anyway enjoy October and remember to enjoy it for what it is!
posted by Attack of the Vintage @ 1:43 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Attack's art journal
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

 
 

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: Attack of the Vintage
Home:
About Me: Hi! I am a fiber artist tryig to work on my art everyday of 2007. With doing this I hope my art will evolve and I will learn many new techniques this coming year. My goal is to be able to make my living doing my fiber arts. I also make my own earrings when I have a need of a new pair. I am an avid brick collector and belong to International Brick Collectors Association. I try to attend at least one brick swap a year to share my bricks and to collect new ones from all over the country. I am currently working on a hugh brick walk and patio. Gardening is another love of mine, my yard is getting rather funky in my yard decorating. I go for the unusaul and people come out my way to see what I have added each year. Last summer was green beer bottles for the flower bed edging and bowling ball towers. I have no idea what I will be adding this coming summer.
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates


make money online blogger templates

ETSYBOOMERS
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next